Dec 1, 2012

Drehksturm WIP 3 I believe....

 Well now that I have finished playing Dishonored, a great game by the way. Especially if you love inducing chaos like I do.

On to Gundam business: I have been working on finishing the clean up on the chest, and waist parts. I thought for those of you that have never worked a resin kit, or a conversion kit as this kit is. I will show you how I pin a part. Glue is nice, but sometimes super glue is a pain to work with. Normal plastic cements will not work well if at all on most resin compounds. So using a rigid pin is a great trick. Thick guitar wire, or small brass rods work best.
First step is to mark and drill out the part so it will have a spot for the pin.
 Do the same on both parts. Use some sticky tack to line up more complex parts. Below you can see I have pinned the waist piece from my MG Kit.
 I like to use gel super glue, just a little bit right over the hole you just drilled out. Then line up the pin and insert. I highly suggest you check the fit prior to glueing so you know the pin you cut isn't too long or some of the other issues like bends in the pin don't hamper your efforts.
 Here you can see the pinned part. Now stronger than if I would have just glued it.
 This is the glue I use. I have both the gel and the liquid. I like this one because the container allows for a lot of control in dispensing the glue.
 Here is the pre-primed and plated waist. I will say white resin hides a lot of the imperfections.  Normally I am a one time primer kind of guy, but this build is requiring me to change that and prime often to ensure I have a smooth finish.
 I will say Helmosengine (R.C.) did a great job ensuring a tight fit on the conversion pieces so far.
 But as usual I cant ever leave well enough alone. I get the first full casting of this kit and what do I do...add plating, and lines to increase details, as if Helmosengine didn't have a ton of detailing in this kit .
 Some additions to the chest too.
 The front piece to the waist skirt. All freshly primed and looking smoother. I will have to break out the 1000+ grit sand paper to ensure that my work is as smooth as I need it.



Thats where I am at so far. This kit has been a test of patience and a challenge at times. I knew that going in. R.C. warned me about it, but I love the design of this kit. I look forward to getting more of this awesome kit done.
As always thanks for stopping by, T.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment