Jan 18, 2016

B.H.S.F - DAT 001 Drehksturm

I know I have not updated my blog in a long long long time! I am not even going to try and promise that I will regularly update it. Heck most of you have probably moved on to other things. But I felt that this kit deserved its space on the internet. This is a kit by a friend of mine R.C. Mangan. Its a conversion kit off the MG Zeta 2.0. He did not want to sell the kits nor even give them away as it was his first ever kit, and to be honest as he was with me when I did tell him I wanted it. The casting was very rough. It required a lot of cleanup. I had to strip the paint off this kit 4 times due to adhesion issues with either the primer, or the enamel/lacquer paints. It was a nightmare at times that I would put away for months at a time. I would randomly walk into my garage look at it, and tell myself someday....
Well some day came when another friend of mine motivated me to finish. it. Hummingbird (G. Winton)even had to assist me in understanding weathering, as that is not my thing. It took 2 years, but I  have to say I am happy with how it came out. There are imperfections for sure. I am not claiming this to be my best build. Nor am I saying that Its the greatest ever. I will say that I love how this kit looks, so  many details.
















Thank you for taking the time to look at the build. Leave a comment if you wish. If there is interest, I will start posting WIPS and such again. I miss the community that once was MAC and the others. Thank you for stopping by.
Tember Gundam

No comments:

Post a Comment