Jan 5, 2012

MG Johnny Ridden's Zaku II WIP 1

All right my first entry into the 2012 Mecha Competition is moving along nicely. I have always been a slow snap fitter; and this build is no exception to that.

First I am going to show you how I connected my aftermarket thrusters where the original thrusters were. I am always seeing these on finished products, but no one has really shown how they do it.
First thing I do is figure out exactly what the stock thruster is going to connect to and how. This one is pretty easy its just a ball joint.
Once I figure all that out I remove said piece.
BAM gone!
Now I drill a hole just a little bit bigger than the nub from the thruster.
I like to use Gel super glue, but any adhesive that will work on both the plastic and the metal will do just fine. And below you can see everything all joined up.
And the almost finished leg. Just a few more things to add. Then a few pictures of the upper body. As you can see I traded the spiked shoulder for a dual shield version. 90% of the time people add another spiked shoulder. This being a sniper so not a front line fighter I thought I could make some modifications to the shoulder shields to give him more stability.

As always thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment